The aim of the Lausitzer und Mitteldeutsche Bergbau-Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH (LMBV) is the rapid and economic rehabilitation of abandoned opencast mines and processing plants. This is a crucial prerequisite for the subsequent use of these sites for the settlement of industry, commercial and residential areas, for agriculture and forestry, for nature conservation, and for tourism. A large amount of geodata from previous activities is available, which is now to be made available to employees and external users (local authorities, fire brigade, police). A new data platform is therefore needed.
- Developing a software solution to handle requests more efficiently
- Creating new possibilities for the use and visual availability of data
- Developing an integrative data model and a graph database
- Natural language processing methods for analyzing PDF documents contained in the data
- Value-adding preparation of data within an application case in the tourism sector (visual representation of hiking, cycling and restricted areas)
- Expanding to new areas of application