In order to dovetail the research results from the project Data Mining and Value Creation with practical experience, we organize workshops for companies on topics related to databased value creation.
How do we proceed?
We design our workshops either as face-to-face sessions or as online seminars. Interested companies are free to choose the format that suits them best.
The face-to-face events usually last one day. We offer them in two versions: cross-company and company-specific. The focus of these events is on the exchange of experiences as well as on trying out (interactive) methods suitable for the topic. The cross-company workshop version is designed for six to eight companies with up to three participants each and takes place at our premises at the Fraunhofer IMW in Leipzig. The company-specific workshop version is tailored to a single company and can be held on site at the company if desired.
An online seminar is a shorter videoconference version of the workshops and lasts about 1.5 hours. The focus here is primarily on personal exchange. About five to six companies with one or two representatives each can participate. If there is interest, we will arrange follow-up dates for the online seminars so that the participating companies can continue to exchange information in the form of a focus group.
The dates for both workshop versions will be coordinated with the interested companies. In the run-up to a workshop, we talk briefly to all participants in order to tailor the contents to their needs in the best possible way. Our team structures and moderates the work process and provides suitable methods for dealing with the topics. Through short presentations and case studies, the topics are well illustrated and more tangible for all participants.
Our format also allows participants to get in touch with each other and to build a network with other companies. In return, the discussions provide us with impulses for our own research work and open up the possibility of continuing the exchange together afterwards.
Why should you take advantage of our workshop offer?
- We convey content through short presentations and practical examples and use interactive methods.
- You benefit from the exchange of experience with other companies and from the experience of our team.
- You can work with other companies on your current issues and get inspiration and new ideas.
- You can network with companies that deal with similar issues as you do.
- Through mutual exchange and the opportunity to reflect on your own activities, you can gain valuable orientation in the context of digitally driven change.
- We document the results of the workshop and make them available to you. You can use and implement these results in your own company.
What do previous participants say?
… about the face-to-face meetings
“I particularly liked the mix of companies and the open atmosphere.”
“The exchange with other companies has done us good – we are all struggling with the same problems. Our insight: We are not so bad at all.”
“The input lecture by Mr. Gebauer with the many practical examples and insights into current research was very helpful.”
… about the online seminars
“Such formats are very pleasant due to the cross-industry exchange (no professional blindness).”
“What was good was the mix of overarching topics and the discussion of rather granular details.”
“The format of the online sessions is short, efficient and exciting – it is more productive than a physical meeting (even though I would attend that as well).”
Which industries have attended so far?
- Automation technology
- Complete solutions for tool and mold making and for the production of precision parts
- Consulting in water supply and sewage treatment
- E-Mobility & energy services
- Engineering and planning company for environmental, traffic and urban planning
- Environmental services & environmental engineering
- Grinding machine manufacturing
- Heat and refrigeration engineering
- Instrument manufacturers in medical technology
- Machine building industry for mining, conveyance and bulk handling
- Machine manufacturing for industrial shredding technology
- Manufacturer of equipment and tools for cold rolling
- Manufacturer of hydraulic lifting and loading equipment
- Manufacturing of equipment for tableting machines
- Manufacturing of textile machinery
- Manufacturing of wire drawing machine
- Plant service of compressed air and vacuum systems
- Products for sales and service of construction machinery, renting, drive and energy systems as well as engineering and plant construction
- Semiconductor technology
- Supplier of forklift trucks, warehouse technology and associated services
- Sweeper production